October 5 - Psalm 14

Monday, October 5, 2009

October 5 - Psalm 14:1-7

Yesterday I wrote about the pain of suffering that happens in the dark of night when all of the stresses of the world seem to press in on us. Yet, at the end of that, we know that the Lord never fails.

In this next Psalm, David begins by stating, "The fool says in his heart, 'There is no God.'" I guess what he is telling me is that if I deny the presence of God because I can no longer feel that he is taking care of me, I am a complete fool. I'd have to agree.

The fool spoken of in Psalm 14:1 is someone who is morally corrupt. Now, while I may be a fool for ever doubting in God's power, those who are morally corrupt have never made an attempt to know who God is. They would be our modern day agnostics and atheists. They don't seek God, they make no attempt to understand him.

When the Lord looks down on earth, He can't find a single person that does good. The only hope is for mankind to individually turn to the Lord and call on Him.

In the future, David prays that salvation will come from Mount Zion (where God resides) for Israel. This is not something that David sees happening in the immediate future, but far off when the Lord God of all Creation restores Israel to its glory, brings all fo the nations in the earth under His rule and renews heaven and earth.

0 comments: