October 26 - Psalm 104

Monday, October 26, 2009

October 26 - Psalm 104:1-35

How great is our God!

One of the easiest things to do is to praise the Lord. The Psalms give us glorious hymns of praise that are ours to recite and ours to take into our souls.

One of the most difficult things to do is to praise the Lord. We forget that He is the author of all that exists and is worthy of all our praise. When we forget or refuse to praise Him, we deny our Lord that which we can offer without reservation.

In this Psalm we see the Creator, clothed in majesty. Psalm 104:2, "He clothes himself in light." I actually see that image in my mind. Can you?

Psalm 104:2b-9 is a recitation of creation as only a poet can pen.

By the time we get to Psalm 104:10-18, we experience the glory of God's continuing creative power. He didn't stop with creation, He continues to bring water forth to quench the thirst of the animals and the birds. His creation feeds the cattle and mankind, gives man vineyards, oil and bread, provides trees for birds to nest in and refuge for animals.

Psalm 104:19-23 perfectly describe the movement of the moon and the sun and then assure man that he is safe during the day and that the animals roam the night. There is a purpose for everything that God has created! His creation is perfect.

We see the culmination of that in Psalm 104:27-28. The sea creatures look to the Lord to give them their food at the proper time. He does so and they are satisfied.

I love Psalm 104:29-30. I feel like this sometimes. "When you hide your face, they are terrified, when you take away their breath, they die and return to the dust. When you send your Spirit, they are created, and you renew the face of the earth."

"I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the Lord. Praise the Lord, O my soul. Praise the Lord." (Psalm 104:33-34, 35b)

0 comments: