Nov. 24 Divine Instruction

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

November 24 - Divine Instruction

They call us lifelong learners. For me, that is something I never want to lose, that desire to learn and take in information.

"Since my youth, O God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds." (Psalm 71:17)

Knowing that God is concerned with instructing me with what He wants me to know is very exciting to me! Can you simply imagine learning from the Creator of the Universe? Oh my goodness, that's exciting!

Jeremiah 32:33 says, "They turned their backs to me and not their faces; though I taught them again and again, they would not listen or respond to discipline."

He taught them again and again ... His patience never wavers, He takes great pains to ensure that His children learn. This is the kind of teacher that many of us need, especially when it comes to learning how to hear God speak and what it is that He wants from us.

"It is written in the Prophets: 'They will all be taught by God.' Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me." (John 6:45)

"Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus." (Ephesians 4:21)

1 Thessalonians 4:9, "Now about brotherly love we do not need to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love each other."

We have a God who continually works with us to help us learn. As much as I love information and knowledge, He wants me to learn about the relationship with Him and with the world. I have spent a lifetime learning about this relationship I have with God. I want to know everything I can about Him.

Mom took a writing class at the University of Iowa. She came home after her first day all excited. Her professor was David Morrell, the author of First Blood. She was going to learn with a relatively famous published author. The very best part of the learning I experience is that I get to have the author of creation as my instructor!

God reveals Himself to us through the things that He teaches us. This is individual instruction at its very best.

0 comments: