Nov. 10 Divine Revelations

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

November 10 - Divine Revelations

There's nothing better than uncovering something that has been a mystery. I specifically remember sitting in Algebra II as we were working on matrices. All of a sudden I saw the pattern as to how they worked. I must have gasped out loud because the teacher looked up from his desk, saw my face and just grinned at me. He watched my lightbulb moment occur.

I have the same moments often when I'm reading scripture and all of a sudden the patterns come clear to me. I see what God was planning and how He made it happen. I get really excited!

Daniel 2:22, "He reveals deep and hidden things."

Amos 3:7, "Surely the Sovereign Lord does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets."

Jesus said, "I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you." (John 15:15)

"However, as it is written: 'no eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him - but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God." (1 Corinthians 2:9-10)

I love how God works! Jesus told His disciples, "But when he, the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own, he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come." (John 16:13)

The plan was for the Holy Spirit to be among us after Jesus ascended into heaven. This is the same Spirit that searches the deep things of God. This is the same Spirit that is here as our Comforter, our Teacher, our Counselor. The deep things of God, the plans of God, the revelation of God. All of these things, these things we believe are mysteries are known to the Holy Spirit who is here now. I get kind of excited about what He will reveal to us next!

0 comments: