September 6 - Loved by the Saints

Sunday, September 6, 2009

September 6 - Loved by the Saints

Do you ever sense the profound impact of the fact that the Bible has been around for thousands of years and that it has touched the hearts of people throughout all of those years. We are connected to history because of these words.

Throughout all of history, the words of God have been loved by more than just me. David spoke a lot about how much God's word meant to him.

Psalm 119:47 "for I delight in your commandments because I love them."

Psalm 119:72 "The law from your mouth is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold."

Psalm 119:82 "My eyes fail, looking for your promise; I say, 'When will you comfort me?'"

Psalm 119:97 "Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long."

Psalm 119:140 "Your promises have been thoroughly tested, and your servant loves them."

The entire 119th Psalm is a glorious song of praise to the Law of God. Sometime you might want to spend a little time with it. I'll save it for another month.

Jeremiah also spoke of his love for God's words, "When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O Lord God Almighty." (Jer. 15:16)

How deeply do you inhale, do you ingest God's Word? I am in love with this book and I am not alone. Saints from the beginning of time have treasured these words and have redefined their lives because of them.

The Word of God gives me a connection through all of those saints to the beginning of time. I am not alone when I stand on the Word of God. There are so many before me that have given themselves up for the passion of the commandments, the prophecies, the teaching and the history that God has put into words.

I love the Word of God.

0 comments: