September 24 - The Words of Christ

Thursday, September 24, 2009


September 24 - The Words of Christ are ...

For today's study, I'm just going to share scripture. I think this says it all. (This is taken straight from the Thompson Chain Reference Bible, #3885)

Christ's Words are:

Imperishable.
Mark 13:31. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Gracious
Luke 4:22. All spoke well of him and were amazed at the gracious words that came from his lips. "Isn't this Joseph's son?" they asked.

Authoritative
Luke 4:32. They were amazed at his teaching, because his message had authority.

Spiritual
John 6:63. The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.

Life-Giving
John 6:68. Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life."

Incomparable
John 7:46. "No one ever spoke the way this man does," the guards declared.

Words of Judgment
John 12:48. There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day.

Divine
John 14:24. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

How have the words of Jesus impacted you?

0 comments: