September 18 - Deliver the Message!

Friday, September 18, 2009

September 18 - Contains the Message to be Delivered

Jeremiah 1:7, "But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them for I am with you and will rescue you."

I'm sure I've told you before, but I used to pray and pray and PRAY when I was in high school that God wouldn't choose to send me to Africa as a missionary. It scared me to death that He would think that was a good idea and put it on my heart to go and I wouldn't be able to avoid it.

Now, the kicker of that was after I graduated from college, my best friend from there actually ended up in Egypt as a teacher in a mission school. She had a wonderful time and called asking me to join her. I had my application in and was ready to go, then everything fell apart in my life and I couldn't.

A few years later, I realized that God had honored my prayers. I didn't go to Africa as a missionary. The good news is, I am more than willing to support my family and friends that choose to go that route.

Jeremiah 1:17, "Get yourself ready! Stand up and say to them whatever I command you. Do not be terrified by them, or I will terrify you before them."

Now, I guess I'm glad that I worked this out with God before He commanded me to go to Africa. I would have done what He called me to do, but I certainly do not need to be terrified by Him because I refused to obey His command to go and preach His word.

Ezekiel 2:7 says, "You must speak my words to them, whether they listen or fail to listen, for they are rebellious."

I've had several people ask me about the number of readers I have for this blog. I'm not sure, but here's what I know. I know that God asked me to do this and whether or not there are 10, 100 or 1000 readers, I must do what it is He has asked me to do. That's all that matters.

0 comments: