November 14 – Lamed - Psalm 119:89-96

Wednesday, November 14, 2012


November 14 – Lamed - Psalm 119:89-96

For ever, O LORD, thy word is firmly fixed in the heavens.
Thy faithfulness endures to all generations; thou hast established the earth, and it stands fast.      
By thy appointment they stand this day; for all things are thy servants.
If thy law had not been my delight, I should have perished in my affliction.
I will never forget thy precepts; for by them thou hast given me life.
I am thine, save me; for I have sought thy precepts.
The wicked lie in wait to destroy me; but I consider thy testimonies.
I have seen a limit to all perfection, but thy commandment is exceedingly broad.

(Note: somehow I managed to get Mem before Lamed. I’ve corrected the titles and apologize that the strophes are flipped around here in the blog.)

Astronomers can see stars today that exploded long before the earth was populated. The heavens show us a glimpse into eternity past.  The same stars and planets that have been seen by different people throughout history remain in place, a sign of the firm foundation the Lord laid for His creation.

We live on the earth which was established by the Lord as home to generations which have come before us and to those who will follow us.  In all that we can see and understand, this is the one location which would support us and give us life and a place we can call home.

He is faithful to us in all things.  He has always been faithful to us and he will always be faithful to His people.

He is steadfast, He is eternal. He is always the same.

What better way to know Him better than through His word?  The Lord exposed Himself to us in two ways.  He gave us His word and He gave us creation.  Either tells us so much about Him.  Both are eternal.  The truths of creation and the truths found in scripture are unchanging, no matter what imprint we attempt to place on them.  They, and we, are simply servants and we can not change His creation, nor can we change His word.

0 comments: