May 27 - Psalm 139:18

Monday, May 28, 2012


May 27 - Psalm 139:18

Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand— when I awake, I am still with you. 

Do you ever just consider the glory of the continuity of God’s word?  Sometimes it is good for me to set aside all the scholarly discussion surrounding the veracity of the Bible and look beyond that to see how everything ties together so completely.

I love to read a good mystery.  Seemingly inconsequential bits of information end up being critical clues to solving the mystery.  In fact, this is such a standard tool, that if I read a description or item that the author tosses out and then avoids or attempts to deflect my attention away from it, I just acknowledge it and file it away to help me solve that mystery before the end of the novel.

God’s word is full of things that are used to describe one thing, then show up later to help us comprehend yet another facet of his relationship with us.

In God’s original covenant, he promised Abraham that his descendants would be as numerous as grains of sand. The Psalmist now tells us (thousands of years later) that God’s thoughts outnumber grains of sand.  Think about how that works.  God’s thoughts are on each of us.  Always.  The immensity of this is sometimes more than I can comprehend!

0 comments: