May 20 - Psalm 139:6

Sunday, May 20, 2012


May 20 - Psalm 139:6

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. 

The Lord knows me; he hems me in and lays his hand on me.  THAT knowledge is too wonderful - too lofty to attain.

I have spent the last two years going after more and more knowledge.  There seems to be no slaking the thirst that I have for knowledge.  I read voraciously, I search out information and knowledge all the time.

However, I will never know the extent of the Father’s love for me.  It feels as if I see glimpses of it, but I can’t get my head wrapped around the enormity of it.

What wondrous love this is.  He knows us better than anyone, He cares for us more than we can comprehend and there is no way to grasp the depth of his infinite love for us.

We can try to understand it, we can attempt to put it into words, but no knowledge will ever be enough.  The knowledge of what the Lord has done for us is greater than anything we can contemplate.

0 comments: