May 18 - Psalm 139:1-4

Friday, May 18, 2012


May 18 - Psalm 139:1-4

You have searched me, LORD, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, LORD, know it completely. 

As you read these words, what is it that your imagination grabs hold of?

I consider how only the Lord knows everything about me.  Before him, I am as vulnerable as a newborn.  There is nothing he doesn’t know about me, there is nothing he hasn’t seen me do or heard me say.  I can hide nothing from him.

The Lord knows my deepest wounds and would love nothing more than for those to be healed.  He knows my greatest desires and would love nothing more than for me to see those through his eyes so that together we can make them become real.

He knows my anger and would love for me to release it so that it no longer poisons my heart.  He knows which things make me happy and would love to be able to allow everything in my life to be easy.

He knows my limitations and would love for me to be able to trust him as he leads me beyond those into an extraordinary life.  He knows what I dream about and would love to make those dreams a reality.

He knows when I struggle to wake up in the morning and would love to let me know what will happen throughout the day so that I am as excited about it as he is.  He knows when I awaken in the middle of the night, filled with terror about things I cannot control and he would love to hold me and comfort me and assure me that all will be well.

He knows my sins; he knows my weaknesses and my strengths.  He knows all of these things and yet he is the only one that I trust completely with this knowledge. It is to him that I pour out the truth of my life. He holds it close to his heart and will never betray me to the world, to the deceiver, even to myself.

He has permission to search me through and through, something I give to no person on earth, because there is no one who is worthy of that trust.  Only him … the one who knew me before I was born.  He is the one who knows me now and will know me through my life.

1 comments:

Fran said...

So good to hear your words again, I have missed your insight and I love that you thought of verse 139. God Bless you my friend!