May 25 - Psalm 139:13-16

Sunday, May 27, 2012


May 25 - Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. 

God knows our thoughts, where we are, what we are doing; even the very darkest of our secrets.  How is this so easy for him? Because he created us.  Every single atom that makes up our being was set into place by God.  Every breath we take is part of his creation.  There is nothing we experience that is outside his creation.  He knows us because he created us.

When was the last time you considered the fact that you were fearfully and wonderfully made?  I suspect that if I were to ask you about yourself, you could find a million blemishes and faults; yet, you were made in God’s image and his loves his creation?

We depend on humanity’s view of us to define our acceptability, yet it is God who created us. We see things through critical eyes, yet it is God who accepts us and loves us with no conditions.

The Psalmist says that he knows full well that God’s works are wonderful.

You are wonderful.  God created you and placed you into time and s pace according to his desire for your life.

You are wonderful.

0 comments: