July 30 – Jesus Christ Alone

Thursday, July 30, 2009

July 30 – Hebrews 13:7-14 – Jesus Christ Alone

Though earthly teachers and leaders have taught us many great things and in some cases brought us to know Jesus Christ personally, they still pass away. We can’t count on anyone but Jesus Christ, who is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow to complete us through our lifetime.

When I was young, I was fully aware that I would get to the age I am now and that I would look back and be startled at the rapid passage of time. I have encountered many wonderful people who have taught me incredible things. My parents were two of the foundations of my faith. But, even they have gone. The only foundation that I have left that will stay with me throughout eternity is Jesus.

While these Hebrews were being coerced into remembering the early Tabernacle ceremonies of the desert wanderings, we need to know that there are those who would try to coerce us into strange teachings as well. We need to set everything aside except our relationship with Jesus Christ.

Romans 8 tells us that there is nothing that can separate us from the love of Jesus Christ. Crazy ceremonies, legalistic church teaching … none of that. Jesus separated himself from the insanity of the Temple and calls us to meet Him in the quiet outside the city. (Hebrews 13:13)

And in Hebrews 13:14, we find that we are reminded one more time of the eternal Jerusalem, the living city in which God will reign with Jesus at His right hand.

0 comments: