July 25 - We Believe and Are Saved

Saturday, July 25, 2009

July 25 - Hebrews 10:32-39 - We Believe and Are Saved

After all of the dire warnings, it is time for encouragement.

You know, I remember when I stood in the face of insult regarding my faith and held my ground. I remember the passion and excitement that filled me as I shared the Good News of Jesus Christ with those around me. I was excited about being in the mission field (well, the domestic mission field - I was NEVER excited about traveling to Africa, which is where all the good missionaries went), I would have gone anywhere to bring the story of Jesus.

I remember those earlier days. The life of a Christian was more important to me than anything else.

And then, I grew up. I had to manage people and manage money. I had responsibilities and people that I answered to. I got busy in the church and had responsibilities there. Everything seemed to reduce the intensity of my passion until it became nothing more than a tiny smoldering flame, buried deep inside me.

I need to remember the confidence with which I approached life and my faith. I need to persevere and to remember that what I am doing is the will of God. (Hebrews 10:35-36).

"In just a very little while, He who is coming will come and will not delay." (Hebrews 10:37)

Jesus Christ is coming. We do not know when, but we do have the confidence that stands on the promises of God. He is returning. We can not shrink away from the task that is before us. We will not be destroyed.

We are those who believe and are saved. I am one who believes and is saved!

0 comments: