August 8 - Teach Me Knowledge

Wednesday, August 8, 2012


August 8 - Teach Me Knowledge
Psalm 119:66

“Teach me knowledge and good judgment, for I believe in your commands”

Oh, I’m a failure because I haven’t got a brain.  –Scarecrow

In the very next scene, the Scarecrow outwits some mean old trees who don’t want to share their apples. He makes them angry enough so they start throwing their apples.  Failure? No brain? I don’t think so.

One of the best ways we can use our brains is to get knowledge.  Scarecrow wanted to wile away the hours thinking big thoughts, but the verse I’m looking at today speaks of learning from God.

Psalm 25:5 says, “Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my savior.”

Psalm 71:17 says, “Since my youth, O God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.”

I’ve spent the last few years focusing on education … gaining knowledge. I don’t know if I’m any smarter today than I was before I began, but I’m not just being coy about this.  You see, I’ve put more information in my head over these last few years, but I’ve had the benefit of knowing God personally since I was thirteen years old. He is who put a love of learning on my heart. He is who guided me to the point I am at now. He is who led me into Scripture and placed a passion for learning its intricacies so that I could teach it on my life.

Teach me knowledge, Lord.

0 comments: