August 13 - Depths of knowledge of God

Monday, August 13, 2012


August 13 - Depths of Knowledge of God
Romans 11:33-36

Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! 
How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! 
 “Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?”
 “Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him?”
For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.

I am often frustrated by the vast amounts of knowledge that I don’t have when I think I need it. It seems as if there is so much that I should know, yet I don’t.  There is even more information that I want to have, yet I don’t.  When I was growing up, I remember people talking about the miniscule amount of things we do know versus the vastness of what we don’t know.

I’ve told friends that being ‘jacked into the Matrix’ would be a perfect life for me.  Having immediate access, understanding and full recall of things would be amazing.  Let’s just say that between the internet and my Kindle, I am a very happy person. But, still, there is more out there just waiting for me to learn.

I believe this is one of the great joys of being human, but even moreso, I believe this is one of the great joys of being a Christian and knowing God.  As frustrated as I get, knowing that my knowledge is so limited, on the other side of that is knowing that I will never stop learning.  Not only will I never stop learning, but this universe is infinite and humanity will never stop learning.  Think about how amazing that is!

God has created a universe that can not be placed within boundaries that we can conceive. His wisdom and knowledge is so boundless that we can only tap into a miniscule portion of it.  We don’t even understand the things we have yet to know.

This doxology in Romans is a glorious hymn of praise to God, who is beyond the depths of our understanding. For that I am grateful. Because of Him, I will always find something new to experience, understand and learn in this world.

0 comments: