June 26 - Colossians 3:15

Thursday, June 27, 2013

“And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.

I find it easy to take peace for granted.  Sometimes it is just a cessation of chaos and noise in my life and rather than feel eternally grateful that it is occurring, I move throughout my life as if it is the natural way for me to live.  Then, when it is gone, I look back and realize that most of my life is filled with a bit of chaos and peace is something to be treasured and cherished.

It is easy to forget to be thankful for those moments when peace floods through me, erasing worries and stress.

After love, I believe that gratitude is one of the biggest things we've lost in our culture.  We are trained to say the words, “Thank you,” but so often they are mere platitudes and our hearts are somewhere else, when our mouths are moving.

Say the words. Let the gratitude fill you until you have no empty spaces left.  Share it.  Live it.

0 comments: