February 28 – I Have Loved You

Thursday, February 28, 2013


February 28 – I Have Loved You

“I will make them come and bow down before your feet, and they will learn that I have loved you” (Revelation 3:9b).

Jesus’ last words are found in the Revelation given to John.  In chapters two and three, he dictates letters to the seven churches in Asia.  The church in Philadelphia seems to have been a powerless church, facing a great deal of persecution. Even through that intense time, they refused to deny that they were Christians.

He said to them, “I know your works” (Rev. 3:8a).  Jesus knows his people.  He knows what we face and he knows what we are going through.  He knows everything that is in our hearts, our fears, the intensity of our emotions, the failures we deal with as well as the success and joys. Jesus is not unaware of who we are.

To the Philadelphians, he says, “Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial … I am coming soon. Hold fast what you have.”

Jesus also knows that this life is not a sprint, it is a marathon.  We have great days and we have weeks and sometimes months that are so painful, we can’t imagine getting through them.  He asks us to hold fast.

When our endurance in faith brings us to the point of being face to face with Jesus Christ, it will be in that moment that all will fall away and we will hear his words, “I have loved you.”

Jesus loved us, He loves us and He will always love us.  Yesterday, today and tomorrow.  God’s love is complete. God’s love never changes.  God loves us.

0 comments: