July 26 – Hope in God or His Creation?

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

July 26 – Hope in God or His Creation?

This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe. (1 Timothy 4:9-10)

Not only does this deserve full acceptance but it seems that it should be something we shout to the world!

We have put our hope in the living God.

As it is, I fear that my actions shout louder than my words.

I can tell you how I hope in God, I can write about how I hope in God … but do my actions every day show you?

Do I put more hope in the stock market and my bank account than I do in the fact that God will care for my every need?

Do I put more hope in doctors and medicine than I do in the knowledge that my prayers will bring God to the bedside of a hurting friend?

Do I put more hope in an education than I do in the fact that God has created this mind and my creativity and will show me how to use them?

Oh, I believe that God has created all of those people and things to help us along our way, but do my actions show the world that I hope more in God or in His creation?

0 comments: