January's Study - Paul

Monday, December 29, 2008

If you've ever been in a Bible Study with me and we discussed Paul, you know that it doesn't take long for me to tell you that the man drives me insane! I get annoyed with him regularly.

However. It occurs to me that being annoyed with the man who has written 14 of the 27 books of the New Testament and is prominently featured in another (Acts) is probably not the best way to approach Bible Study. So, if other people can fall in love with him and his writing, I can learn to at least understand him and maybe along the way, learn not to be annoyed by him.

For all of you who began this journey with me in October and have actually stayed with me, thank you! I would love for you to invite someone else to participate. Tell them about the blog, invite them to be a part of the email list (send email to nammynools (at) cox (dot) net). I am terrible at self-promotion, so it is painful to me to ask you to do that. I know that God has called me to study and to share what I study and that helps some because it becomes about Him and not me.

I will spend today and tomorrow working on the outline for this general study of Paul, his life and writings. If you have questions you would like answered regarding him, please feel free to email those to me or post them as a comment. I will do my best to answer them from biblical and scholarly sources.

May God bless your new year!

0 comments: