July 12 - Psalm 84:1-4

Friday, July 12, 2013

How lovely is your dwelling place, LORD Almighty! 

My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. 

Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young— a place near your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God. 

Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you.

Do you ever wish things were just … different?

Kids would be polite and nice to their elders.
   Elders would treat kids with respect.
Everyone would be loving and kind.
   Poverty wouldn't exist because those who had gave to those in need.
Relationships took precedence over the need to be right.
   Gossip didn't exist.
No one intruded on another’s life.
   People didn't think they were better than others.
Love was a state of being, rather than something we worked to achieve.
   There was no envy, we were confident in ourselves.
People cared about the environment.
   We took care of all of God’s creation.
Mean people couldn't exist because they were all loved.
   We wouldn't judge others based on standards no one could live up to.
Beauty was defined by God, not by humanity.
   We lived in safety.
Encouraging words were spoken every time.
   People’s differences were applauded rather than feared.

I think about that place near God’s altar, where the sparrow and the swallow have found a home.  A place where it is God who reigns and not humanity.

My soul yearns for that place of safety; my heart and flesh cry out for His presence to overwhelm me.

Today, on earth, we can make one change in our behavior to make this real.



Yes. We can.

0 comments: