March 21 - 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

Friday, March 22, 2013


March 21 - 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.

“He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion” (Philippians 1:6).

There are a few things in my life I never thought would end.  Up until my senior year in high school, I felt as if I would be there for the rest of my days. I thought I would never get past the grief of my mother’s death or that of breaking up with a boy after five years. I thought I would always own a printing business. I thought I would never get my Master’s Degree.  I thought I would never publish a book.

I look back over my life and there were many things I wondered if I would ever see through to completion. These were things I spent hours praying about, worrying over, working through. These were things that were a great big deal in my life, and yet today I look back and with the exception of the degree which I will finish in June, they are all complete and part of my history.

None of those moments of completion are mine alone, though. In every one of them, I was supported and strengthened by the One who is always faithful.  When I asked for Him to help and give me confidence, I received more than I could have expected.

Paul is writing to the Thessalonians about the salvation of their souls.  God is the one who called them and He will carry out his work in their lives.  He is faithful. He will surely do it.

0 comments: