December 27 - Messiah - Revelation 19:6; 11:15; 19:16

Thursday, December 27, 2012


December 27 - Messiah - Revelation 19:6; 11:15; 19:16

Hallelujah: for the Lord God Omnipotent reigneth. 

The kingdom of this world is become the kingdom of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He shall reign for ever and ever. 

King of Kings, and Lord of Lords.

Handel supposedly said “Whether I was in my body or out of my body as I wrote it I know not. God knows,” when asked about composing the Hallelujah Chorus.  Whether or not King George II stood when it was first performed in England is more legendary than true, but what a beautiful action to take!

There is nothing much more I can write about these verses than what they say themselves. Today I will provide a link to a Flashmob joining together in singing the Hallelujah Chorus. (I’ve seen it multitudes of times and still weep all the way through.)

Take time to listen to it at some point and let the absolutely glorious sounds of Handel’s most famous piece encourage your own praise.  Lift your hands, your eyes, your voice to heaven and praise the King of Kings and Lord of Lords with all that you have.


0 comments: