June 18 - Truth

Monday, June 20, 2011

June 18 – Truth

“What is truth?” retorted Pilate. With this he went out again to the Jews gathered there and said, “I find no basis for a charge against him. But it is your custom for me to release to you one prisoner at the time of the Passover. Do you want me to release ‘the king of the Jews’?” They shouted back, “No, not him! Give us Barabbas!” Now Barabbas had taken part in an uprising. (John 18:38-40)

So, what is truth?  Wow, that’s the age-old question.  Is truth immutable?  Is there only one truth?  Is truth different for you and me?

Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth and the life”  (John 14:6).  He had tried to explain this to Pilate – but Pilate couldn’t understand His words.

Truth is more than words, more than an idea, more than actions.  It is all of those things.

For us to live by Jesus’ example, we live by the truth that He brings to the world.  There is one truth and it is found in Jesus Christ. 

0 comments: