February 23 - Ephesians 3:17-19

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

February 23 - Ephesians 3:17-19

“And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge – that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.”

What is the first word that you are drawn to in these verses?

After I moved past the initial two phrases and saw a large tree with its roots digging deep down into a well saturated with love, I skimmed through them because I have read them so many times in my life.

Then, I stopped. 

Power? What does this have to do with love.  Power … hmmm, over what?

Power to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.

Oh my goodness … how glorious is that?

Not wisdom or knowledge or understanding … but power to grasp the wisdom and knowledge and understanding.

Power.

Not strength or leadership, ownership or management.

Power to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.

This isn’t about how we love or what we have to do to receive the love of Christ.

Power to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.

Today, along with Paul, I pray that you and I all may have the power to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.

I suspect that it will be difficult to do.

Don’t limit this love.  Don’t miss this love.  Don’t run from this love.  Don’t hide from this love.

This love is wider, longer, higher and deeper than anything you will ever know.

Grab the power that allows you to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.

0 comments: