August 22 - Isaiah 65:8-12

Sunday, August 22, 2010

August 22 – Isaiah 65:8-12

This is what the LORD says: “As when juice is still found in a cluster of grapes and men say, ‘Don’t destroy it, there is yet some good in it,’ so will I do in behalf of my servants; I will not destroy them all. I will bring forth descendants from Jacob, and from Judah those who will possess my mountains; my chosen people will inherit them, and there will my servants live. Sharon will become a pasture for flocks, and the Valley of Achor a resting place for herds, for my people who seek me.  “But as for you who forsake the LORD and forget my holy mountain, who spread a table for Fortune and fill bowls of mixed wine for Destiny, I will destine you for the sword, and you will all bend down for the slaughter; for I called but you did not answer, I spoke but you did not listen. You did evil in my sight and chose what displeases me.”
A holy remnant of Israel will always be found.  The glorious thing about this is that even though there may be only a few, God will continue to bring forth descendants.  He will never give up on his people … no matter what.

As angry as the Lord has gotten with His people, He promises that they will continue to be cared for – He will provide pasture for their flocks, a place for them to rest.  He continues to care for them as they come to Him with their trust.

There is still some good in His people … He still cares for His servants.

Worship is what took place on His holy mountain.  Those of the Israelites that took their worship to other idols and gods, with their offerings of food and drink will not be among the remnant.  Notice that He reminds them that He called them and they refused to answer.  The choice was theirs, the walked away from the Lord who had created them.

While there is yet good in His people, He will bring forth fruit.  We can rest in the promises of the Lord Almighty.  He will never forsake those who love Him.  He will still call for everyone to enter into that loving relationship. 

0 comments: