August 14 - Ephesians 3:20-21

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Read these verses through a couple of times.  I’ll wait for you.

Paul is praising the Lord in these verses, but what is astounding is the reason for his praise.

God is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine … and it is according to his power that is at work within us.

Read that again. It is according to his power that is at work within us.

In Philippians 4:13 we read Paul’s words which say, “I can do all things through him which gives me strength.”

Strength and power come from within.  These aren't things that happen to us or around us.  These come from within us and they aren't our strength and power, they are God’s.

Today I thought about my wildest dreams. I don’t vocalize those very often because they’re mine and they’re actually very near to my heart.  But, the challenged posed to me was to imagine my wildest dreams and then realize that with God I can dream bigger than that.

My imagination is pretty big. I can come up with some fairly extravagantly wild dreams.  But Paul says the same thing to us.  God is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine.

This immeasurable action on God’s part is even more than what our friends and family can dream up for us.  It can’t be measured. God’s plans and dreams for us are so vaster than the deepest ocean and encompass more than the universe can offer.  His plans and dreams for us extend into eternity. There is no end to them.

It is his power that is at work within us which brings these dreams to light. It is his power within us that propels us beyond our wildest dreams.

No wonder Paul praises him. I lift my voice in praise.

0 comments: